Saturday March 12 2016 55 comments

3 from Ikea

I had been planning to put a mirror above my bed headboard for so long, now finally I got one! White, really neutral and nice. The sheets and small pillows are gifted from Balmuir, and the headboard is from Ellos.

Olin suunnitellut peiliä sängynpäätyni ylle jo ikuisuuden, vihdoin se siellä on! Valkoinen, neutraali, juuri sisustukseen sopiva. Lakanat ja pikkutyynynpäälliset saatu Balmuirilta, sängynpääty on Elloksesta.

This utility cart has been such a good thing to have near my front door. On the top I keep my keys, wallet all essentials, in the middle my camera stuff and my camera (which I’m using for this picture haha) and on the lower basket some most used scarves.

Tämä tarjoiluvaunu toimii mulla loistavasti eteisessä. Yläkorissa säilytän avaimia, lompakkoa, kaikkea mitä aina lähtiessä otan mukaan, keskikorissa käytetyimpiä kamerajuttuja, alakorissa käytetyimpiä huiveja. Mun huivihylly on ehkä maailman epäkäytännöllisin, horjuvia pinoja vain katonrajassa, joten tää helpotti vähän lähtöjä.

And this wire basket I keep next to my table where I work and do things on my laptop when I’m home. There I keep notebooks, pencils, agenda, all kind of papers and bills.

Korissa ruokapöytäni vieressä (missä yleensä teen kotona töitä tai olen koneella) on muistivihkoja, kalenteri, kyniä, papereita ja laskuja.

There’s such a lovely sunny weather outside, just ate my breakfast croissants and next I’ll go for a long walk. And have a Saturday that will feel like Saturday. Have a lovely weekend all! x

Juuri nyt niin ihana ilma ulkona, että pakko lähteä pitkälle kävelylle ja imeä tuota aurinkoa vaikka varastoonkin. Croissantteja aamiaiseksi, treeninä ulkokävelyitä, ja illan isoin ohjelma vain ruoanlaitto ja tv-ohjelmat. Tänään vietän lauantaita joka tuntuu oikeasti lauantailta. Ihanaa viikonloppua! x

55 Responses to “3 from Ikea”

1. Mila says:

I have the same utility cart, but I actually use mine in the kitchen.
    Your room is so lovely and neat !

2. Rena says:

Beautiful how your bedroom looks with the mirror!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

3. Naomi says:

Oh my! Your bedroom is so pretty! I really like the idea of the utility cart. I really want to find one for my desk, to put my university things.
    Love, Naomi

4. justine says:

wow this mirror looks stunning in your bedroom :D

5. NorthFashion says:

I love ur bedroom, she’s literally perfect! :) ♥♥♥

6. Bri says:

I really love that mirror above yor bed! Wish I could do that too but me bed is next to a window so no space for a mirror! I was wondering are you not worried about Minnie destroying your scarfs that you keep at the bottom shelf?? Have a lovely Saturday!

With Love,
    Bri | Instagram @imbrigita

• Marianna Marianna says:

I thought that at first and decided to give it a try, and she haven’t even touched the whole utility cart, not that I know of! :D Thank you Bri! x

7. Natali says:

You have such a pretty and girly home! Love the new mirror above your bed’s headboard, it looks fantastic!
    Enjoy this beautiful, sunny Saturday!

8. Ariadni says:

Hi Marianna,

I can’t say how much I love this bedroom! Few questions before I run to copy the whole thing:

1. I have the same mirror and thought about putting it above the bed, but I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to see myself in the mirror and that it would be too high. You think it’s ok? I guess it helps make the room bigger.

2. Clothes hanger: I see it so often and I do like it, but practical question: What about dust? In Copenhagen, I fight with a lot of dust that sits everywhere! (I have the string lights though, good start!)

3. I would love to order same desk and chair! Is there any case you could share which products they are? (Unless you did and I missed it!) I want to make one for my mum as a surprise too! :)

Enjoy your room! Looks great!

• Marianna Marianna says:

Thanks so much! :)

1. I thought the idea with the mirror would be to make the space bigger, so I haven’t really paid attention if I even show myself in the mirror, but it’s not that high so I guess so.

2. I haven’t even thought about that either! So haven’t been a problem :)

3. The drawer is called “Alex” and the other stand I can’t remember the name right now but Ikea too. The glass on top is custom-made.

Thank you again! x

9. Love the mirror over the bed! Looks so nice :D

10. Natty says:

Your bedroom is so beautiful!! I really like white colour ♥♥ it’s so calming :)

11. Rach says:

The utility cart is very clever to put in the front door! The moment I walk in, I just want to put down my keys and knick knacks!

12. Katja says:

Siis VAU miten upealta tuo peili näyttääkään sun makkarissa, #bedroomgoals for sure hah! ;) Ihanaa viikonloppua!

13. Minttu says:

Aivan ihanat makuuhuoneen verhot! Mistä mahdat olla ostanut ne?

14. Sophie says:

Marianna – I loved this post; it was so fresh. It would be a dream to see your closet, especially how you store your shoes and bags! xo

15. Sanja says:

Excellent pieces from Ikea, especially third one ,very handy.

16. dyanne says:

I love the way the mirror looks over the bed! It really opens up the room. You have great style!

17. Catherine says:

The mirror above the headboard looks so chic and gorgeous! x

18. Marta says:

Marianna, I’m sorry for asking this question again, I don’t want to be annoying, but I already asked and you didn’t reply and i need to know :P What lipgloss did you use on that picture with Minnie on Valentines Day? <3 Sending much love to you!

19. Abdullah Teke says:

The weathers been as beautiful as you the past couple days Mary. Hope you’re enjoying it :* time to start working out :D gotta get that beach body ya feel me :p
    p.s. do you put all those ikea things together? Because I hate putting ikea things together in always over screw or break something. I wonder if they have the same material here than over in Europe :/

20. Naghmeh says:

love your bedroom, so dreamy :)
    also that wire basket is so cute, I need something like that too to organize better!
    The Fashionista Bubble

21. Katarīna says:

I watched your blog from 2008 to 2016. Wow ! At the beginning you bought in ZARA H&M and other shops (‘chain stores’). and now… you changed yourself ! I’m impressed ! It seems you made money alone ! Bravo !

Please, write about your eternal style – I mean ‘must have’ in your wardrobe.

Greetings from Northeastern Poland ! :-)

22. Aneta says:

I fell in love with your bedroom! Looks unreal:) I would love to live in your house haha:D You have an amazing taste and style!

23. Ini says:

What a great idea with the utility cart!!! I have to buy the same one:)

24. alice says:

That utility cart is adorable, I’ve seen it in the store and held off on buying it only because I recently bought another cart for my work area! Great photos!

xo, alice / T Y P E N U

25. Camille says:

Loving the mirror and the utility cart ! Thinking about getting each one for my own room, thank you for the ideas :) xx

26. Paulynagore says:

Your bedroom is magical! And so your flat is! I love your decoration :) You’ve great tastes!

27. i’m looking to do up my room over easter and having seen that utility cart, i’ll definitely be looking to add that to my interior!

elisha-mae I wear this?

28. pia says:

Moi! Onko nuo valot mistä tuossa sun vaatteiden luona

29. gab says:

your room is so lovely!

30. gab says:

your room is so lovely!

31. Natascha says:

Hey Marianna :)
    Where did you get the bed headboard? Or is it just a part of the bed?
    I’m looking for something like this so long!
    .. and one another question, I hardly dare to ask, but when do you visit germany next? Is it possible to get to know you and to drink a coffee together?
    It might sounds a little bit crazy or frightening, but in this long time I follow your blog, it seems, that you would be a good friend for me.
    We have so many commonalities.. it would be nice, if you would live here haha :)
    Maybe you like to write a email to me? :)
    Wish you a nice week!

32. Billie Reay says:

You have given me serious bedroom envy! looks fab! xx